48°C Public.Art.Ecology, a combined initiative of Goethe-Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan and GTZ, was an experiment set within the capital metropolitan city of Delhi in December 2008.
- The ambition of the project was to interrogate the teetering ecology of the city through the prism of contemporary art.
- Through a number of art interventions in various public spaces around Delhi, the festival attempted to draw a diverse public into the world of this critical imaginary.
- Delhi Greens provided outreach support to the Project and was the official Outreach Coordinator for this Festival.
- In addition, Delhi Greens also recruited over 200 volunteers for this Festival who were then trained to engage the public on the issues of Ecology around these Art projects.
- We painted the city pink and sprinkled the right amount of green!
Govind Singh and Rishabh Parmar led the project on behalf of Delhi Greens and Vasudha Mehta was appointed as the Volunteers Manager for this Festival.
[button url=”https://delhigreens.org/publications/report-on-outreach-coordination-for-48c-public-art-ecology-festival/” style=”orange” size=”small” type=”round” ]Read Project Report[/button] [button url=”https://delhigreens.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/volunteer-manager-feedback.pdf” style=”orange” size=”small” type=”round” ]Read Volunteers Manager’s Report[/button] [button url=”https://delhigreens.org/galleries/outreach-coordination-of-48c-public-art-ecology-festival/” style=”orange” size=”small” type=”round” ]View Images[/button] [button url=”http://archive.delhigreens.org/48c/” style=”orange” size=”small” type=”round” ]Archived Microsite[/button]