Delhi Greens has initiated a sustained campaign to ensure proper implementation of Environment Education in different colleges of the University of Delhi (DU). The Campaign was initiated after learning from media sources that teachers who have not studied Environment themselves are being made to teach the subject in DU.
+ Click here to Download Copy of Letter sent to all Colleges of University of Delhi (02 May 2019)
+ Click here to Download Copy of Updated Letter (updated after UGC Notification of 14.05.2019) sent to all colleges of University of Delhi (21 May 2019)
Attachments mentioned in the letter:
- Click here to Download UGC letter dated 14.05.2019 calling for strict implementation of EE by all colleges of India and ensuring eligible teachers are teaching the subject.
- Click here to Download ad hoc panel released by the University of Delhi of teachers who are eligible to teach Environmental Studies in DU colleges.
- Click here to Download UGC letter dated 19.06.2017 calling for strict implementation of EE.
- Click here to Download UGC letter dated 07.08.2014 stating that only “teachers who fulfill the qualifications laid down by the UGC” should teach Environmental Studies.
- Click here to Download letter dated 24.07.2014 sent from DU to all its Colleges communicated the decision that Environmental Studies has to be taught to all undergraduate students.